A Tired Lady Needing Repairs

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 03, 2012
Cabin Type: Suite
This is a well designed ship with wonderful layout and many things to enjoy, however, the physical condition of the ship is atrocious. This was our third cruise. The first two were our top cruises ever. This last cruise was our worst ever due to the rundown condition of the vessel. We will NOT be back until I am assured that this situation is corrected.

Menu needs to be rethoughts. Our food was much better on previous trips. Variety of foods and specialty options are good. Staff was wonderful.

Shows were too loud and entertainment was definite not up too what we have enjoyed on past cruises

House Keeping staff at the room level was supurb. Food / dining staff were superb. Maintenance and engineering could not or did not solve our problem.

Great layout and great amenities. Horrible physical condition. We paid for a Junior Suite. We had wet floors and and bad smell from the beginning. After several futile efforts we were relocated to the "only" room available. I honestly doubt that was true but I am only a Diamond Cruiser back for my third trip on this ship. Common areas were great. Everything else was good. But a smelly room with wet floors and then offered a "closet" to relocate. Not a good experience.

Wet carpet, with a bad smell. Need I say more? I could but ...

Pros: Great Staff & Great Ports of Call

Cons: This ship needs a retrofit immediately

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.