Good, Bad, and Ugly!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: February 01, 2011
Ship: Navigator of the Seas
The ship was large, & clean for the most part. Our stateroom wase on the 9th floor. We ended up using the stairs since a wait for the elevator was a long one. The promenade area was open & spacious, but the smoke from the casino (1 floor below) bellowed onto the promenade floor which made it a place we did not want to be. Sadly, that is where the 24 hour cafeteria is located.

Food was a huge disappointment! Simple things like the ice cream machines were out of order 1/2 of the trip. Some mornings, staff was available to refill coffee, other mornings, they were nonexistant. The steak served the last night of the cruise was worse than a cold hamburger - but we could pay another $50 if we wanted to "upgrade" our meals. No thanks, we wanted to eat with our friends. Our waitress & assistant were fantastic - they just didn't have much to work with.

We went to 4 different shows. The first night was an overview of the entertainment for the week. Like movie trailers, they only showed us the best stuff. We actually left 1 show early & I fell asleep in 2 others. The variety show on the last night, was supposed to be the best. It was sort of like suffering through a high school play.

Horrible. Case #1. No towels at the fitness center. I told staff guy #1. He (apparently) did not think it was possible, so he had to verify there were no towels. Upon verification, he told staff guy #2 - who also had to verify. Staff guy #2 then had to call staff guy #3 since guys #1 and #2 we "above" gathering towels from the next room. Meanwhile, I waited in the sauna with the promise of being brought a towel. The towel never came. Grrrrr!
Case #2. Our reservations had us dining at 6:30. The ship (without our knowledge) switched us to 8:30. I went to guest services at 3:00 - they told me there was nothing they could do & that I had to go to the dining room at 6 p.m. to speak with the Maitre D. I did & there was no Maitre D to be found. What a hassle! We're supposed to be on vacation! I went back to guest services, but they we "closing" and "could not help" at the time.

The ship is large. We felt like we knew our way around on about the 4th day. The theatre is large & there is even an ice rink & climbing wall. Overall, it was pretty clean - but the smoke (especially at the casino & promnade levels) is terrible.

Our stateroom was OK, but the shower drain was clogged - and remained so the last 3 days of the cruise. Like I mentioned; If you have a problem, you have a problem." Our stateroom attendant was great.

Pros: Nice ship, nice beaches!

Cons: If you have ANY problem with Royal Carribean, expect no help at all!

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.