Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good, Bad, and Ugly!

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

The ship was large, & clean for the most part. Our stateroom wase on the 9th floor. We ended up using the stairs since a wait for the elevator was a long one. The promenade area was open & spacious, but the smoke from the casino (1 floor below) bellowed onto the promenade floor which made it a place we did not want to be. Sadly, that is where the 24 hour cafeteria is located.

Pros: Nice ship, nice beaches!

Cons: If you have ANY problem with Royal Carribean, expect no help at all!

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.

Food was a huge disappointment! Simple things like the ice cream machines were out of order 1/2 of the trip. Some mornings, staff was available to refill coffee, other mornings, they were nonexistant. The steak served the last night of the cruise was worse than a cold hamburger - but we could pay another $50 if we wanted to "upgrade" our meals. No thanks, we wanted to eat with our friends. Our waitress & assistant were fantastic - they just didn't have much to work with.
Horrible. Case #1. No towels at the fitness center. I told staff guy #1. He (apparently) did not think it was possible, so he had to verify there were no towels. Upon verification, he told staff guy #2 - who also had to verify. Staff guy #2 then had to call staff guy #3 since guys #1 and #2 we "above" gathering towels from the next room. Meanwhile, I waited in the sauna with the promise of being brought a towel. The towel never came. Grrrrr!
Case #2. Our reservations had us dining at 6:30. The ship (without our knowledge) switched us to 8:30. I went to guest services at 3:00 - they told me there was nothing they could do & that I had to go to the dining room at 6 p.m. to speak with the Maitre D. I did & there was no Maitre D to be found. What a hassle! We're supposed to be on vacation! I went back to guest services, but they we "closing" and "could not help" at the time.
We went to 4 different shows. The first night was an overview of the entertainment for the week. Like movie trailers, they only showed us the best stuff. We actually left 1 show early & I fell asleep in 2 others. The variety show on the last night, was supposed to be the best. It was sort of like suffering through a high school play.
The ship is large. We felt like we knew our way around on about the 4th day. The theatre is large & there is even an ice rink & climbing wall. Overall, it was pretty clean - but the smoke (especially at the casino & promnade levels) is terrible.
Our stateroom was OK, but the shower drain was clogged - and remained so the last 3 days of the cruise. Like I mentioned; If you have a problem, you have a problem." Our stateroom attendant was great.