Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An Above Average Cruise....

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I'm writing this review because we JUST got off the ship and I wanted it to be fresh on my mind. We booked the cruise with 4 other families to celebrate 2 birthdays and a retirement (there is a wide age spread). Overall, I think that everyone had a great time. The ports were great as well as the excursions. No issues in that area at all. Entertainment was well done and didn't disappoint. Room was adequate but I really didn't think that it was the cleanest in the world. We travel with Lysol so we made sure everything was sprayed down well. Room service was awesome...food in the dining room was very good....Food in wind jammer was I guess, a little above average. Also, we have a 5 and 7 year old that attended the Ocean Adventure area and in general, we were pretty happy. My daughter greatly enjoyed Aquanauts and I think she would have rather been there than with us. On our cruise, the 6 to 9 and 9 to 11 age groups were combined and I'm not sure that went over to well for my son. I think the older crowd was always ahead of our son in development for some of the games and I'm not sure the staff handled it very well to even up the odds. He was still OK with the area but felt a little left out sometimes.

For some of the things that I didn't like: Several areas of the ship were smoky. They really need to limit the areas a little more. Crossing from the schooner club to the casino is awful. Another thing that happened was that during the registration, we bought some "surprises" to be delivered to some of our friends for celebrations. The dates and arrangements for the celebrations were also turned in. All these arrangements were totally screwed up. Either not delivered or totally forgotten. And that was after we paid for them! The person at the purser's desk (YI PENG) and my wife spent over an hour trying to straighten everything out including talking to corporate. YI was great in checking back and trying to make everything right. A big hats off to her. Last thing I'll mention is the timing of events at dinner to the shows. For example, we would order dinner and then all of the kids meals would come out first.....then our appetizers...(now the kids are through eating and bored)...then our meals. Just really messed alot up since we would get up in themiddle of dinner and take the kids to Adventure Ocean just to give us some piece. I don't know...just something was BAD on timing. Also, many of the adult activities started really late so if you have small kids...plan to pay extra for childcare. Maybe they do that to run up the bill...don't know. However, we missed many things that would have been fun since it was just going on so late.

Like I said...it really was a great cruise but as you know, its easier to talk about the bad things then good. Even with what I listed...I would definitely do it again.

Pros: Great Ship and Layout. Good shops and the variety of bars and activities were attractive.

Cons: Several areas of the ship were smoky at times. Major screwup with the service items that were purchased before the cruise (champagne, strawberries, etc.), disregard for the events that we were celebrating, and everything seems to be geared to get you to buy or pay more for something!

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

Room was fine. We didn't spend much time in it. We had one of the interior rooms with the quad cabin (4 beds). It could have been a little cleaner but the layout was good. Oh...one other thing, I'm not especially a small person and the shower was a little small. If you happen to be fairly large...be prepared for a tight fit.
I think this was good in very good overall.
Great!!
Overall....I think it was great. Still don't like that they combined a couple of age groups
The ship was beautiful. No other way to say it. The Grand Promenade, theater, and the many lounges are very well done.
Dining Room was excellent. Steaks, Lobster, and seafood were all really good. Room Service was also excellent in service and quality. The chicken was awesome. Very fast. Wind jammer was a little above average...just hard to get a table at times and VERY hard to get service. One other thing...what in the world was the entertainment in the dining room??? I'm not leaving my meal to get cold to watch people in the front of the room and 1 floor down dancing etc. Space them out across the dining room please!