Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

GREAT time!!! SOLID A!!!

Sail Date: March 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a great time. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you don't expect the BEST of everything. I'm a moderately experienced traveler so I can give an unbiased review. This was my 3rd cruise-1st on RC and the best. My only concern was express disembarkation. I was told it would take 40 min. to get off/get thru customs. This began on time at 8 AM but we didn't benefit by coming at 7:30 hoping for a front spot in line. We were placed in the ice rink aud. initially only to come back out and ascend to the next level at 8:00. That allowed people who had come later to actually get ahead of us. I had a flight at 10:30 so I was sweating a bit. I don't know how long it would have taken since I chose to leave the line and exit through another door leading directly to the gangway which got us off right away. Luckily, customs took just a few minutes and we caught a taxi immediately at ~8:30. Since Ft. Lauderdale airport is only 10 min. away from the port, we arrived at our departure gate at ~9:15 which was fine. I would NOT book a flight sooner than 10:00 (or 2 hr. after disembarkation begins) which is doable ONLY if there are NO delays whatsoever. I hope this helps.

Pros: Entertainment, Food

Cons: Express disembarkation, Crowded pool

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!