Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Would be happy to Cruise Again

Sail Date: December 06, 2008

The ship is HUGE and there were 1000's of passengers, however it is so big that you can have privacy if you want to. There are many restaurants and bars and food and drink and entertainment are available 24 hours. All of the staff are friendly and speak some English. Communication was never a problem unlike some other cruise lines that I have been told of. You can ice skate, see a show, dance till 4am, sun on the decks, soak in the hot tubs, or just sleep in your room. If you are bored on board, that is your fault, not the ships.

The one very bad thing was the "expedited departure" where they offer a walk off if you carry your own baggage. What they did NOT tell us was that we had to carry all our luggage down 6 flights of stairs. Very dfficult and damaging as we both had 2 large suitcases. The ones who checked their bags actually got off the ship faster than the "expedited" departures.

Pros: Restaurants and shows

Cons: The chaos in the departure procedure. Very disorganized and took hours.

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
This is a tourist village with some tours of the local area. There are hands out everywhere for the tourists to put money into. I was annoyed that people were begging for tips and handouts everywhere I went. There was one man who actually tracked me down on the tour bus because i had not tipped him.
Don't Miss: None. Again, the stay is so short that I saw almost nothing of the island.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did a snorkling tour for a few hours. I feel the organization and communication of this tour was poor as we did not know what to bring and not to bring. Consequently we brought things that had to be locked up in the vendors own private car.
Don't Miss: Don't know of any. The stay was so brief that I don't know what I missed.