Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beware Spring Break

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Our first cruise, and I inadvertently booked it on spring break. The drunk and obnoxious 22 year old kids took over most of the ship. They were constantly drunk and screaming, even through the night. I didn't have a good night sleep the whole trip and had to keep calling to ask the staff to quiet the drunk kids banging, screaming curses, and partying from above and both sides.

I think there should be some way to provide a peaceful place for age 30+ on the ship during spring break, or at least warn during booking that 70 percent of the ship will be drunk and screaming kids. All the obnoxious behavior prevented us from even enjoying the pools and jacuzzi.

We did however enjoy the entertainment, but even the kareoke was ruined with every 'performer' being a drunk group of kids screaming things like "GET DRUNK MOTHER F***... GET DRUNK MOTHER F****". The staff did nothing to curb this and anyone on the ship that was not at college age suffered.

Ok... I don't mean to put blame on the ship or the kids (necessarily). I don't know what really could have been done differently other than being told beforehand that I was booking on a week that had this atmosphere. I just learned my lesson here.

One more thing... on the last sail day home a drunk 22 year old young man tried to jump from somewhere above into the pool. He didn't make it and cracked his head. The ship diverted to Cozumel where he was rushed to receive medical attention. They say he is in critical condition. I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around for that tragedy.

Pros: Excursions, Dining, Peaceful winds

Cons: Drunk college kids on spring break about ruined trip

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

This was mostly good. The good staffers were EXCELLENT, but some were rude and snooty. I had ordered the pre-paid water and it never came. They later told me I never ordered it. That's fine, but I got a lot of run around over the issue.