Great ship!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 05, 2008
Ship: Navigator of the Seas
I loved this ship. Everything was so accessible and even though all cabins were full, it never seemed as if it was crowded. I never waited in a line for anything, I loved the Royal Promenade (which we called Main Street) and the pool deck was the prettiest I have ever seen.

We did not experience the theme restaurants, but our regular dinners were great. A good variety and reasonable portions. I did notice how there were no lines at the buffet. Someone must have figured out crown control, because with so many stations you just went right up. I liked the omelet station and the free ice cream machine, and of course all day pizza.

Comedian was also a singer who did imitations of famous singers. Probably one of the best shows I have ever seen on a ship. The dancing show was predictable and looked like an aerobics class. The singer in the pub was delightful - lots of familiar classics. and the first piano bar singer was so much fun. he got the crowd singing along, including my teenage daughters. The gym was great and never crowded. I would have liked a few more free classes but we were happy with the equipment.

Very friendly but not overly fake. Noone seemed unhappy so they were just doing their job. We loved out waiter and assistant waiter. It was fun to have them at dinner.

I can't imagine what would make this a better ship. Plenty of new places to explore but it was easy to get everywhere. Find the Cosmopolitan Bar which has the best view on the ship. It is on deck 14 so it is a little out of the way but worth the trip. Also go to the very front on Deck 4 where you can get the titanic shot "I'm the King of the World" - all you see in front of you is pure ocean.

We went for an inside cabin ecause of price and the fact that we needed 2 cabins. They were spacious with lots of mirrors. We rarely spend time in the room anyways, and the location was awesome. On floor 6 we were steps away from Main Street and right below our favorite sunning spot on Deck 11 and the gym.
We climbed Dunn's Falls using the ship's shore activity. It was pretty expensive for a family of five. You need to go in a group and be "guided" up the falls which is actually a pretty strenuous climb. But all ages do it - our group had an 80 year old woman! and lots of kids. The people in Jamaica are pretty insistent on their tips. There were many comments about how if they treat us right we should treat them right. They basically came right out and asked for tips. My daughter dropped her sunglasses and the person who found them came up to her and then asked for a tip. At the end of Dunn's Falls there was a market[place where they almost trick you into buying things. My daughter got caught spending 10 dollars on some little statue because they put her name on it before she could stop them.
Don't Miss: Dunn's Falls - a unique experience. Never saw this anywhere else.
Don't Miss: Dunn's Falls - a unique experience. Never saw this anywhere else.
Gorgeous 7 mile beach. Just go there or StingRay city. Amazing blue water.
Don't Miss: beaches and Sting ray city
Gorgeous 7 mile beach. Just go there or StingRay city. Amazing blue water.
Don't Miss: beaches and Sting ray city

Pros: Layout of the ship, food, whole experience

Cons: Smoking, Dance show, Cost of bingo

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!