Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Cozumel and Belize Cruise on Royal Carib

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

This was our 2nd cruise with RC. The first one (to the Bahamas) was great! This one was problem after problem. The crew was so unmotivated. They complained to each other all over the ship. How they were over-worked and the long hours they had to work. And obviously in front of customers because we heard it over and over again. So did other customers. It took all the fun out of it.

We spent a lot of money on this and were looking forward to it for so long and I'm so disappointed.

Lost laundry, poor customer service, the front desk talked us out of excursions, our waiter actually told us that the asst. waiter was horrible and to please excuse him because he's new. He said that THREE TIMES during our first night at dinner. Yes, he used to word "horrible."

Our state room attendant was pretty good although she filled out a laundry sheet for us and that was a misunderstanding but they took it off our bill. We asked her to pick up dry cleaning which they did and she did all our laundry for us TOO, which is quite expensive. The dry cleaning came two minutes before dinner and the guy had an attitude on the phone.

We ordered drinks at a show in the theater and they came literally as the show was ending (twenty mins after we ordered them) The woman taking our order took three orders at once because she wanted the tips and she got confused and handed me someone else's room card and receipt. Another 10 minutes later, we got the drinks that were obviously sitting there for the whole twenty minutes melting. These are not cheap on a cruise ship. Funny enough, we went straight to another show and ordered drinks, they NEVER came back. I went up to the bar to ask what happened and there are our drinks, sitting there melting. I told them to take them off my bill.

The rock climbing staff acted like this was the worst duty you can get on the ship. It made me uncomfortable to do that activity.

The cruise director was not very good at all. There was nothing scheduled for activities after 11pm the first night, which is funny because it's your first night and you want to have fun AND you're at sea the whole next day. You don't get to your first port until day 3. Nothing to do. Everything was closed except for a bakery and one bar which was dead.

What's interesting is that if you've ever been on a Royal Caribbean Cruise before, you'll think you're in a re-run. The jokes about "what customers ask the cruise director" where identical to the jokes from the last cruise I was on. I wish the customer service was a re-run, though.

I am usually not someone who complains a lot. I was looking forward to a professionally run cruise. But I guess the management on this cruise must not push for customer service since the whole crew seemed to be bothered that they had to work. I'm a manager, myself, and understand that is a difficult job BUT always think about my customers and I try to be empathetic. They did not not this cruise. Carnival will be the next cruise line we go on. I've heard really great things about them.

Pros: The food was ok.

Cons: Customer service was horrible.

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.

TERRIBLE CREW!!!!!!!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!
Nothing to do the first night and we were not getting into port until day THREE!! It was like a ghost town.