Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Phenomenal Vacation!!

Sail Date: March 29, 2008

Wow! Our cruise was incredibe! The staff was extremely polite (I don't think anyone said "No" to us for the entire time.) We had never cruised with Royal Caribbean before; now I think we'll only cruise with RC in the future. I can honeslty say that our trip was perfect. (And I never do that)

Pros: The staff, the ship itself, the ports of call, the food

Cons: Having to go home!

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

During exploring, my husband and I happened on one of the children's clubs. We don't have kids, but we were impressed that all of the kids seemed so happy. And I heard the teenagers talking in the elevator- they were in a hurry to get back to their "club." When we have children, we won't hesitate to bring them.
When booking, I was worried about being overwhelmed by a ship as large as the Navigator. I shouldn't have worried: the ship was PERFECT! It was incredibly clean, amazingly elegant, big enough to continue exploring each day, but small enough to feel "homey" and comfortable.
We had a room with a balcony (our first) and we were spoiled by the view! Our room was the perfect size for us: we weren't tripping over each other or felt crammed in. There was enough room for each of us to watch tv or read or write postcards without disturbing each other. The only drawback was that the bathroom was a bit small, but it was the same size as any other ship we've been on. (We're just big people.)
The staff was among the friendliest we've encountered. Everyone had a smile on his/her face, was quick to assist with any questions, and seemed eager to please.
While we didn't participate in many activities, it wasn't because of lack of options. We did see the ice dancing show. If you go on this cruise, you MUST see it. It was breathtaking.
Magnificent! Our waitress and assistant knew our food/beverage preferences after the first night, so they were able to make recommendations and have our drinks waiting for us on the table. We are picky eaters (but really like food), and our wait staff never batted an eye when we asked for multiple servings. The quality of the food was excellent in all dining areas :main dining room, Johnny Rockets, the Promenade Cafe, Windjammer, and Ben & Jerry's. Yummy!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We swam with the dolphins and climbed Dunn's River Falls. Tour guides were great. The gift shops in the excursions were a little tacky, though. The falls were a little tough to climb, as you're really "climbing." Some people had to leave the falls early. The climb is rigorous yet refreshing (cold water!)
Don't Miss: Climbing the falls. Fun and exciting
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went snorkeling and then snorkeled with stingrays. Not for the faint of heart. It was scary and awesome at the same time. The snorkeling part wasn't that great (but we're from Florida, and are used to great snorkeling). My husband bought some great cigars (ugh) at the port.
Don't Miss: Stingray City