Royal Caribbean is a NIGHTMARE

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Ship: Navigator of the Seas
On December 27th subsequent to sailing, we went to dinner in the main dining room. My son ordered a shrimp dish for his main course. The shrimp was filleted and served on the bed of rice. What my son did not know was that at the tail, the chef had left the clear invisible shell on one of the pieces. Two minutes into dinner, he started choking on the shell. He began to cough up mucous and some blood. After about 15 minutes, we summoned the medical staff and we went down to the medical facility. As he was continuing to choke, the doctor ordered a throat x-ray. The nurse took a x-ray of his chest missing his throat. They then ordered another x-ray and did it once again in error (did not get his throat). I said NO to a third x-ray, as this is dangerous to subject anyone to that many x-rays. The doctor decided to give him some intravenous muscle relaxants thinking it would calm his throat. The nurse without wearing any gloves started my son on an intravenous drip. At no time during the 2+ hours that we were in the medical facility did my husband or I see either the doctor or the nurse wash their hands or wear protective gloves. The nurse was mainly concerned that I needed to sign the document billing us for the medical procedures.

I think the worst part is that Royal Caribbean doesn't care. No one ever called me on the ship after I complained. Worse, I've contacted their alleged "customer service" in Miami and they just ignore the whole situation

Pros: Nothing

Cons: POOR customer service

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.