Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Ship - that's about it

Sail Date: February 01, 2008

A disclaimer... I tried very hard to enjoy this cruise without complaints. After one problem I tried to let it go because things happen. However, this being my 4th cruise, I was VERY disappointed.

The ship was one of the most beautiful I have seen. It's gigantic but graceful, and many activities for everyone. The design is simplistic and it was not difficult to find your way around. However, on numerous occasions, guest relations was rude and standoffish, putting a damper on our cruise. Everything was mediocre, from service to food to entertainment, ranking this as our worst cruise yet

Tender service
-Awful. They need to do something to fix this. Guests waited on tenders for 40 minutes before it even left. If there was not a line for people to get on, the staff kept the tender there until it filled up (to save gas). They may have saved gas but they annoyed a lot of guests, including myself.

-Just as bad. Cruise staff made you run all over the ship just to get off and then left you in an hour long customs line. And this was express disembarkation. I don't even want to know how everyone else left.

I hope this is not the overall experience of all guests on board.

Pros: public rooms, Ocho Rios, casino dealers, waitstaff, ice skating show

Cons: guest relations, musty odor, crowded pool deck, tenders, disembarkation

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

Not as friendly as past ships, but still very nice. I love interacting with them and engaging in their lives and not treating them like servants (as I noticed some passengers doing). Casino staff and waitstaff were outstanding. Cruise director staff and guest relations staff, not so much. Disappointing.
The ship is spotless and very clean. Much of the furniture is worn, but what do you expect when it is 6 years old. The ship needs a dry dock soon. Again, the layout is perfect. Unfortunately, while the ship seems huge, there is not enough space for passengers. Pools, dining areas, and casino were always crowded, making it difficult to meanueaver.
Food for the most part was tasteless, especially when compared to my last cruise on Royal Caribbean. No lobster on 5 day cruises, which was disappointing. The last night, food in the Windjammer and main dining room was outstanding (maybe to get people to come back ;)).
Rooms were small, but what do you expect. The room did smell though, and when we asked guest relations for help we got a "There is nothing we can do" response.
the ice skating show was unbelievable! So much talent. One comedian was good. The rest of the entertainment left something to be desired. I do like how Royal Caribbean has the early show time for late dinner seating guests