Ruined By a Vile MSC Employee

MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: February 01, 2011
Ship: MSC Poesia
Liked the ship and the cruise itself. I hate the fact that a horrible, low rent, bottom of the barrel MSC employee ruined the whole experience by treating my wife and I like crap at the very end and scolding us like school children instead of helping us.

I wasn't crazy about all the extra fees that MSC added to my final invoice either. After purchasing 2 photos, 1 can of potato chips and 3 drinks I had a bill of $300 including the extra MSC fees. I also didn't like having to be out of the cabin by 7:30am on the day of disembarkment...yet, not getting off the boat until 10:30.

Great breakfast buffet with lots of variety--cereal, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage...etc. We did get bored with the hamburgars, hotdogs and fries everyday at lunch and dinner... but, it was good and we were never hungry.

Kids had fun on the gym set and mini-pool.

I can go on and on about this miserable woman at the checkout/baggage line... I will say that most of the MSC land staff--which consists almost entirely of elderly women---seemed grumpier and meaner at the end of the cruise than they did before the cruise. It's almost as if they were told to be nice to us "paying" customers in the beginning...then treat us however they want in the end. However, the onboard staff were mostly young, energertic, fun and very helpful and polite the whole time. Sorry that my negative experience with the hag has caused me to rate the entire staff low... but, that's how it goes.

Very nice and clean.

Pros: The cruise itself and the onboard staff.

Cons: The rotten, piece of trash, uber-hag at the customs/baggage line.

Recommends MSC Poesia? No.