MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Elegant, Enjoyable Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

We recently sailed on the MSC Poesia, our first time on a pleasure cruise, and were unsure of what to expect. Although there were some negative reviews posted online, we had made up our minds to stay positive and ended up having the best vacation we've had in years. .. .. ..
Having limited balance and mobility, I really wondered how I would manage getting around but my fears were soon allayed. The staff were extremely courteous and discreet yet friendly and very helpful whether it was carrying my plate or assisting me on/off the beautiful ship. Our balcony room was kept immaculate by two very diligent staff and we never lacked for anything. .. .. ..
The food in the cafeteria/ pizzeria was mostly the same each day; however there were enough variations and choices of condiments to appease the majority. The formal lunches and dinners, while not always gourmet, did offer a wonderful selection from which you could choose a delicious, custom meal. .. .. ..
The entertainment, like the ship itself, was classy, lively, and sophisticated. I especially enjoyed the opera singers and accompanying musicians. The Italian lessons were as much fun as they were educational. .. .. ..
Embarkation and debarkation was amazingly well organized, fast, and painless. We did not book through the ship but rather arranged our own tours at the ports and had a great time exploring each island at our own pace. .. .. ..
I found the programs which were slipped under the door each night to be easy to follow and highly informative. Our only complaint was with the occasional rude person/family that seemed to think staff should wait hand and foot on them and/or couldn't read the guidelines outlined in the daily program. To those people I would say leave your unreal expectations and obsessive need for self gratification at home and remember you are a guest, not a member of royalty.

Pros: good food, great fun, meeting new & interesting people

Cons: impatient, picky people who should just stay home

Recommends MSC Poesia? Yes!

The onboard sales on the last day or two of the cruise were fantastic.