MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Terrible cruise, worst ever.

Sail Date: September 01, 2010

Dull decor, no pizazz at all.

Pros: Leaving the ship so I could get a decent meal and some good coffee.

Cons: The food, the service, the attitude of the staff.

Recommends MSC Poesia? No.

It's clean enough, but it should be for a fairly new ship.
OK, nothing special. Very hard to find the room steward, I have no idea what he did all day, probably cooking.
This ship has without doubt the worst food and worst service I have every encountered on any ship. It's not like I cruise 6 star lines, my other cruises have been with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Princess, where I was very satisfied.
The food - lowlights are the breakfast buffet, cold, hard to find where things were, eggs on one side of the buffet but not the other; lunch, very dull selections and of course dinner. Incredibly slow service and the food was so dull and tastless if I had been on land I would have walked out on several occasions, something I never do. I really thought an Italian ship would have decent food. Wrong! The only good thing was that the terrible food was a major icebreaker with other passengers on elevators etc, it was the main topic of conversation on board.
Bartenders need to be taught how to fix drinks properly and how to catch a thirsty customer's eye. I can wait patiently if the bar is busy if I have had eye contact and an acknowledgement and know I will be served eventually, but these guys just never look up.
Wasn't impressed. No good comedians, nothing really to do except gamble - maybe that's their plan. But I won! A little bit, anyway.