Pretty Good!

MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: February 01, 2010
Ship: MSC Poesia
This ship has potential, however, I do not recommend it for first-time cruisers, early-birds, night-owls, nor children. I found activities and food lacking. I was disappointed that there were no "towel" animals folded on my bed. Room-service was horrible, nothing was seasoned and litttle things like salt and pepper were forgotten, nothing hot on the menu, but a cup of soup. The only sandwich was tuna on a hamburger bun.
The staff that spoke English were friendly, and those that did not speak English at least tried to say, "Hello!" or "Good Morning."
The excursions were nice, but crowded and our stay in the ports were too short.
There was nothing to do after 12:00am and then coffee was not served until 6:30am.
Gelato was good. (for purchase)
Ship is one of the prettiest I've seen with tasteful decorations, in main rooms.
Please be aware, that Europeans, do not observe our "social space", nor do they believe in waiting for their turn, on excursions, they seemed to be so afraid of being left behind, there was pushing and shoving. They will sit right on top of you, and move your "stuff."
I recommend this ship for people with patience and travel experience, only.

I think I lost weight.

There was not alot of options. I do not recommend this ship for first-timers, children, night-owls, or early-birds.

Do not bring children on this ship.

Very friendly. Most of the crew did not speak English, but you can get by with charades.

This is a beautiful ship, and they are good at keeping it clean.

Size and comfort were alright. Location, (front of ship) could have caused problems, due to rocking of the boat, but I did not need sea-sickness medicine, thank God!

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Food

Recommends MSC Poesia? No.