MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean

Fabulous Cruise!

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

The MSC Poesia is a pleasant change from the more popular cruise lines. The shows were superb with unbelievable costuming. Lots of very talented performers. Also, the ship's staff made me feel special. As a solo cruiser, I pay double occupancy, and this cruise, my eighth, couldn't have been better for the cost. The cruise featured some of baseball's greats which added an American flare to a European-style cruise. The ambiance and unbelievable service--everything was on time--went a long way to enhance my cruising experience.

Pros: Skeptical about cruising again due to my awful experience on Royal Caribbean last year, I was pleasantly surprised to find this little-known cruise line to be so awesome. MSC, an Italian owned cruise line, offers a superb cruising experience. Everyone treats you like you're special.

Cons: Very little. The slot machines probably, but then, I always lose.

Recommends MSC Poesia? Yes!

Dining times were convenient, and the service wonderful. The overall quality of the food was good but not exceptional. However, the food isn't the main reason why I cruise. My assigned tablemates were energetic and entertaining.
Everything was incredibly clean, accessible, and the decor was tasteful.
No silly towel creatures. Hopefully, they are reserved for the kids. The bed was comfortable, and the balcony was quite private unlike those on Princess and Royal Carribean.
The shows were fabulous. The costumes were beautiful and imaginative. The show themes were universal. Listening to the MC announce everything in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish amazed me.