Not My Favorite Cruise Line

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 12205

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This is Mrs. Williams speaking: I had a great time relaxing with my husband. The food was no where up to my expectations and I have been on a lot of cruises. This is my first cruise on MSC and my last. I will not recommend MSC Divina to anyone of my friends. The beach on Marine Reserve, Ocean Cay was nice and I enjoyed my excursion to the Lighthouse, BTW, you did not include that in your Port of Calls above, because that was an all day event. I wish I could say more nice things about this cruise, but I cannot.

Embarkation

The lines were very long. The process was long and slow but once at the window it went quickly.

Ship experiences

The first night we had late dining and had to wait 30 minutes before getting in to be seated. Our food needed seasoning constantly because it was very bland. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and the shrimp was overcooked and not cleaned.

I did not do any activities on board the ship.

This was the best thing other than spending time with my spouse that I enjoyed about this ship. There was one night that had a "comedy" act involving the audience that was terrible. So many people, including us, walked out within the first 15 minutes.

I did not come on board with children

Our waiters were wonderful. Our steward was wonderful. The ship personnel was wonderful. Why I gave it a good and not excellent is because on disembarkation, our luggage was never picked up even though we put it out by 1:30am and cutoff was 2:00am. We realized that at 5:45 it was still outside our door and even though when we called to have it picked up, it was still there 45 minutes later. So we just got off the ship early and took it off with us.

This was the most confusing ship I have ever been on. We rarely took the elevator to the same place all the time. They kept closing the door to the dining room elevator and so we kept never knowing where we were going till we were well past the elevator. We constantly had to look at the map to find our bearings. Thank God for maps.

The room was very clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Our steward kept our room nice everytime we returned.

Ship tip

You don't want my advice!!! I really did not like this ship.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida Did not visit port

I live in Florida...don't need to visit Miami.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

Did not go anywhere except right outside the ship. Did no excursions.

Disembarkation

Bags were not picked up. No guidance for getting off the ship was given....we were like wondering sheep.