Okay if you are not traveling with young children

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

MSC Divina

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Genoa Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 02, 2018

Ship: MSC Divina

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11099

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Overall a basic cruise, but not met my expectations as I traveled with 3 small children, 3 grandparents and my spouse and it was just not small kid friendly. If it had just been adults or even just my spouse and I, it would have been better. There was no "down-time" as every day was a new port and no real activities for the little ones.

Embarkation

This is where MSC rates high, the process was seamless and so quick I was left speachless. We got there early, went through so fast and our cabins were even ready by the time we got on board. Keep in mind though, this means that when you disimbark, you will have to be out of your room equally early for others to have the same experience.

Ship experiences

Wanted to give this a 3.5 really. Food is adequate. You won't go hungry for sure, but they do not have a seamless transistion between meals like Royal Caribbean or Disney where you are truly fed 24/7. They take an almost 30 minute break between transitions. The variety is also not there so hope you kind of like the same stuff. In addition, not much on the "seafood buffet" we were used to from other lines. So do not expect shrimp and lobster and sushi (this was typical on Royal Caribbean, Princess and Disney).

Ports of call

Genoa, Italy

Interesting city, some interesting things to see.

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Because you land at the port, you do lose time to actually get to Rome, but otherwise, it's Rome and beautiful. Otherwise, you do have options of nearby towns that are equally beautiful if you want to stay closer or have been to Rome before.

Palermo, Sicily