MSC Divina Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Far below expectations :(

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

It felt like I was on a maiden voyage as everything seemed to be highly unorganized and poorly planned. The food available at dinner was nearly identical to what was served in the buffet. Breakfast was by far the best meal of the day despite the lack of variety it was so good. There were a lot of kids and it seemed the parents brought them along so they didn't have to watch them and let them wander. My wife and I had planned on spending a few evenings with drinks and dancing and were very disappointed to not find a place where kids were not allowed at all. The rules were very loose and it just didn't give us the vibe that we would cruise with MSC again. The staff was spectacular and very helpful. Although the ports were a bit short compared to other itineraries I have seen\, they were the highlight of the trip. From a value standpoint\, MSC definitely isn't bad\, we just had higher expectations for the entire voyage.

Pros: The ports

Cons: Overall organization and the quality of the food

Recommends MSC Divina? No.

Very clean - 1 year old boat\, very easy to get around!
Didn't experience much in terms of desirable things to do on the ship after exploring it thoroughly a few times. It was fine as I was able to finish a few books I had brought to read.
All around\, great interactions with the staff
Very clean\, a bit small but the balcony made up for it.
Average quality at best except for breakfast. If we were home and went out for dinner and received many of the meals we did\, we would have sent them back and found a new place to eat...