Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

very happy with the cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2013

The ship will be out of commission in April\, so this review isn't really needed. The ship was a little old but fine for us.

Pros: fun for our children

Cons: the food was average

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

In hindsight I would have chose the \"my time dining\" but it was filled up by the time we got on the boat. We chose the early dinner because we have children but 545pm was way too early to eat. I didn't want to get ready so early. There also wasn't a lot to do after dinner before the later dinner got out.
The room was very small but as we expected for an inside room. I don't think we needed a desk in the room and they could have made better use of that space in such a small room. The bathroom was the only relative incovenience; it was really\, really small.
Every single person we met that worked on the ship was friendly!! Everywhere you went people said\, \"hello\" and were smiling.
Things didn't pick up until the later dinner got out. Although the kids' Adventure Ocean allowed children to stay there until 2:00am we didn't want the kids out so late. I wish there were activities earlier for parents that have little kids that had to do the early dinner and like to hang out.
Absolutely amazing!! I can't say enough good things about this program and the staff! IT's amazing my son was with us at all. :)