Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First timer cruiser

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

First impressions when you walk onto the ship is beautiful. When we went to our stateroom it was adequate. The Windjammer Cafe and Jade restaurant were great. I think the pool could stand to be warmer for the winter months. The hot tub was great. Our stateroom attendant was fabulous. Mel was awesome!

Pros: Activities and Cococay Island

Cons: Service and desserts

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I didn't see any high chairs available for families with young infants in the dining area.
I did like the Cococay Island. It had a lot of activities on the island even though the water slide was not working. I think the Cruise line should offer free umbrellas to their guests free of charge. The stop in Nassau we were accosted twice by the natives of the island trying to get us to hire their services. I didn't like that at all. Entertainment on the ship was plentiful. I loved the Love & Marriage game\, it was a great way to relax. The Quest was so comical. The MC from Turkey was so funny. Definitely don't miss his game show. You will laugh yourself silly. I like the posting of the days activities on each deck. Great entertainment and activities.
I had to ask the Head Waiter twice to get some service. The Head Waiter Ajay was great. He did resolved my issues with the other wait staff. The friendliness of the other staff on board was adequate. Only person who went out of their way was Ajay and Mel.
Size was \"cozy\". The beds were makeshift cots with thick cushions on top as mattresses. The beds could've been softer even for basic stateroom. The tv in the stateroom only played 4 television stations you could watch. Three of the channels were ship announcements\, jewelry sales on the ship\, and previous nightlife videotaped for viewing.
Food was good. I think since there was so many different employees of various diversity\, it would have been fun to make something from different countries.
The ship was always clean. The green felt on the promenade deck was damp.