Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Rest and Relaxation

Sail Date: February 22, 2013

I rate this cruise with 4 stars. I guess it was a let down because I previously sailed on the Freedom on the Seas, so my expectations were very high. The variety of entertainment kept us pretty entertained. We don't use profanity, gamble or smoke, so our areas of entertainment was limited yet we were satisfied and enjoyed our stay. Our cabin was on deck 9, again it did not meet our expectation but the service by Anton was great. The sealings compound for the windows was quite obvious, the carpet needed to be replaced (it had been replaced in the hallways), our bathroom area was quite small, especially the shower. I didn' do the research to see that it was an older ship. Dinner was fine, I guess someone has to be seated by the kitchen and that was us. Although we requested a table for tw, we received a table for four, which turned out to be nice. The other couple was quite pleasant. Our Servers Marrianne and Domnic were excellent. Our only disappointment for dinner was no Seafood night (Lobster) but the other dishes were excellent, as usual. Boarding and disembarking was normal, with a slight delay but with adjustments to our expectations we were able to have a great time getting the fun, rest and relaxation we planned for and that was most important.
It needed work, some windows were disgusting
No Lobster night
window disgusting, carpets old, small shower,
The staff was excellent
Good clean family activities
We didn't actually use this service but the kids seemed happy
I thought it was adequate, we had fun
Could have arrived earlier at Nassau, the private island was very nice
Port Canaveral, Florida
Excellent
I like the upgrades to the port
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I'm very happy that the weather was perfect, we had a great time

It's easier to take the stairs when going down or if you're able when going up two or three floors. It does get the heart pumping. Yes, when on the Lido deck, don't stop at the first serving station, keep going through the sliding doors on either side leading to the back of the ship, the serving lines are much shorter.