Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Monarch of the Seas

Sail Date: January 21, 2013

We had a nice time. The cabin was adequate, and the service very timely. Our steward was prompt to clean up when we left, but was not "in our face". The "Our Time" dining was well-run. There was only a short line once; the rest of the time we were the only people approaching the dining room, and were seated promptly. The wait staff was attentive; food was good. The shows were excellent. There was a lot of activity all of the time if you wanted to participate or just be a watcher.

The casino wasn't as good as I had hoped. The dealers were not as out-going and friendly as I am used to on cruise ships. I didn't feel driven to gamble at the tables for that reason.

The itinerary was okay. I've been to both Coco Cay and Nassau many times before, so I wasn't looking for a new tourist experience, just a relaxing time onboard, which I did get. I would recommend this cruise to others, and had a really nice time. Excellent value for the money.