GREAT CRUISE

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 26, 2012
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Great small ship, easy to navigate and learned the ropes of getting around quickly. Never had too much traffic or crowds with exception of windjammer the day we sailed, but that is the norm on any ship. Staff are inpecable with attention to needs of passengers. They are some of the best staff I have ever had and I have been on 7 cruises. They are warm and caring about needs. I enjoyed talking with them so much. Mark the cruise director is the best I have ever seen. He is high energy and truly funny gentleman. RCL did a great job letting all know they were appreciated. Head waiter in MDR was outstanding and handled one of the most obnoxious patrons I have ever experience on a ship with kid gloves. This cruiser was making everyones life miserable, loud, not drunk just mean to staff. Head waiter dealt with him extremely well and quieted him down.

MDR food was very good\, no lobster any longer unless you wish to pay extra fee. Variety not quite as good as my last cruise with RCL about 6 years ago but it was good. My time dining was a great plus for us.

Shows were okay\, comedian was great. Juggler was okay had seen him before a year ago on different ship. Going away show in Sound of Music offended many people. Heard several complaints. Topic of show revolved around a tribute to African AMerican singers\, particularly female singers. Seemed very strange on a ship with such a diversity of people and nationalities. I have never been a predijusted person and I even found it somewhat offensive. Might consider changing theme of this one on later cruises.

Staff was unbelievable. They went above all expectations. I cant praise them enough.

Layout good\, clean and well kept. You can tell its an older ship but it is kept in great condition

Smallest state room I have ever had. It was outside view deck 4 and one of best locations I have had on any ship. Small but adaquate. Plenty of storage space\,

Pros: Beautiful ship\, intimate setting\, excellant staff

Cons: Show in sound of music last night was terrible and was seen by some as somewhat offensive due to its focus on one gender and nationality.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!