Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not what I expected

Sail Date: October 01, 2012

We are experienced cruisers and are customed to exceptional service and food. The food was less than acceptable and the service was poor. We are used to smiling faces and quick and friendly service instead we received frowns and we felt we were putting the staff out. Not good. To top it all off, you closed the Windjammer (main buffet area) for lunch and during lunchtime proceeded with continous hammering to take old tiles off. Really!!! I do not call that R&R, that's what we came here for.

Pros: The Halloween Party

Cons: Food

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

There are no sparkles on this ship!
Poor\, poor\, poor.
We asked for a little side table for my wife's medication by the bedside. We were quickly told - \"Oh we don't have anything like that\". Not\, let me see what I can do. It is time to refurbish this ship or retire it\, which I heard is the plan. It shows.
Going above and beyond - are you kidding me?