Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Quick Getaway!

Sail Date: October 12, 2012

Although I did have a good time on the ship, it was a disappointment. The staff was not hospitable; the food selection was not appealing or available for the guests since most things were closed. The pool was very small and at times the pools were closed, therefore not allowing people to be comfortable, since there were too many people in only 1 pool. The staterooms were extremely small and uncomfortable; this caused me to have to go out of the room for extended period of times which took away from my relaxation. The MOST disappointing part was not being able to go to CoCo Cay because of the bad weather. I have been on other cruises where vouchers are given to guests when the destinations of the purchase are not met. However, I have not received any type of accommodation for this or acknowledgement of it. In all, I would not travel again with the Monarch of the Seas.

Pros: Nassau\, Bahamas\, our waiter Heny in the Claudia Restaurant was amazing\, and the night entertainment

Cons: Food Selection/Availability\, Did not go to CoCo Cay\, most of the staff is unfriendly and seem to be bothered when asked questions.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

The ship was very clean for such an old ship.
The food selection was very limited. The amount of food in the dining areas that were supposed to be dinner meals seemed more like appetizers than meals.
The rooms are extremely small and uncomfortable. The bathroom is catered more to a person 16 years or less since they are very small.
Most of the staff is unfriendly and seem to be bothered when asked questions.

However did have a waiter in the Claudia Restaurant by the name of Heny who was amazing. No matter what time we saw him he was always smiling and eager to help and please. I would rate the expreience with my waiter (THE BEST.)
Comedy acts were hilarious. I truly enjoyed the night entertainment.