Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Great weekend getaway

Sail Date: September 28, 2012

My 4th time on the Monarch. She is showing her age, but has a gentile grace and beauty that makes for a pleasant experience. The Welcome Back party for the Crown & Anchor members is an incredible perk for such a short cruise. Attitude and friendliness of the crew makes a tremendous difference to how much fun the cruise is.

Pros: Good price. Friendly staff.

Cons: No cons!

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I think the Monarch does a good job of separating the smokers from the non-smokers - for instance that one isn't required to walk through the casino to get from one end of the ship to the other. There are a lot of places where one can watch the sea - inside and out - not often true on some newer ships.
Indian food on the ship is excellent.
Perfectly serviceable.
Everyone friendly\, upbeat\, eager to please and resolve issues. Example: My room key (sea pass card) stopped working. The front desk replaced it and then my in-room safe didn't work with the new card. I went back to the front desk and was instructed to wait in my cabin for a technical support person. It was less than five minutes wait! He fixed the issue in moments.