My only Royal Caribbean disappointment

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 17, 2012
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
I am a HUGE fan of Royal Caribbean. For me, they have always been the best and only way to go. This was on the smaller class of ships and did not make a good impression on the 2 first time cruisers I brought with me. Our stateroom toilet was out of order the entire trip. Someone came out multiple times to try and repair it to no avail. The food selection was non existent. The buffet had very limited hours. Not much to do on this ship in the way of activities. The onboard stores were rarely opened. The staff was the one saving grace who, as usual were amazing.

No variety\, HORRIBLE quality. ALL the lettuce was brown for the entire cruise. The bread was stale every day. Even the pizza tasted like cardboard covered in sauce and cheese.

Just not much to do on this boat.

An email sent to me a few months ago talked about a new Royal babies and tots program. They were supposed to offer babysitting for a fee of $8 per hour for children under age 3. Once I inquired onboard I was told the fee was $19 per hour with a 2 hour minimum\, at a time that they could pencil you in. I was told it would be with 2 staff members in MY STATEROOM!?! No thank you!

The entire staff was incredible and really lived up to the Royal experience I have come to expect.

After this disappointment\, I will stick with the larger and newer classes only.

Pros: Very warm and friendly staff

Cons: Not the typical Royal Caribbean food. This cruise offered VERY limited choices. The only options were sub par. NOT AT ALL the usual Ryal Caribbean experience:(

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.