Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

had a blast

Sail Date: September 17, 2012

it was my first time on a smaller ship which i will always cruise on from now on....i had read the reviews of the monarch so i knew it wasn't in pristine shape but that didn't bother me...never been in such a small stateroom though and will never make that mistake again...

Pros: the casino.......and bolero's.......sadie and kilroy

Cons: not being able to bring on wine and not being able to smoke in my stateroom

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

i will never eat in the dining room a big chunk of hair in my duck and though they asked my room number...nothing happened\, thought they might have at least compted me a glass of wine
around the pool the waitstaff pushes drinks to the acme of obnoxiousness....if you don't buy don't expect to get an ashtray or for them to pick up dishes
the shows in the theater's need some serious updating\, the dancers and singers are massively talented but seriously dated choreography and the costuming was just plain confusing\, we are in our sixties and couldn't sit through it..but we loved going in the theatre one afternoon to watch the movie which was the hunger games...very relaxing and a way to get out of the sun\, endless repetitive music around the pool. although the pool was one of our favorite parts there are two salt water pools and 2 lukewarm hot tubs\, hardly any children and plenty of seating and shade..