Mediocre Cruise: RC name disapoints

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 13, 2012
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
First time with RC. My expectations were not met. As this cruise line is usually one of the priciest. I expected the best but out of the 4 cruise companies I have now sailed, RC is now at the bottom.

Biggest disappointment as this was my first time with RC\, I expected even more selections of finer cruise foods. But instead the opposite was true. There was even an extra cost for lobster. This is why most people cruise\, for the all inclusive fine foods that they normally do not order due to cost. Escargot as well as other foods that I usually order while cruising were not even offered. While food quality was good and I did enjoy their selection of chilled soups Carnival\, NCL\, and Disney all have RC beat as far as food selection.

Worst comedian ever on board. Average shows where the cruise director was the host. Musical shows were slightly below average. Singers and dancers were excellent with what they had to work with but the shows themselves were not as good as other cruise companies.

Very friendly

Main stage had many places in which the views were obstructed.

Small but clean

Pros: Strawberry and Chocolate swirl ice cream dispenser on board

Cons: limited dinner menu options

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.