Messed up ship

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 09, 2012
Old and not maintained. Definitely not like typical Royal Caribbean fleet; nonchalant upper management and security-\"anything goes\" vibe.

Awful. Having cruised 9 times prior with Royal Caribbean\, the food on Monarch was less than acceptable. When I got home and cooked dinner that evening\, my daughter told me \"mommy\, this is a million times better than the Monarch's food.\" I am not a chef\, by all means. I expected more from the Monarch\, as did my husband and 10-year-old daughter.

Shows were awful\, at best. However\, Erkey from Turkey was very entertaining.

Adventure Ocean was utterly phenomenal.

The only two staff members that went above and beyond for us without prompting was Brian Carvalho\, our stateroom attendant and Waylon Whyte\, Bar Service. All others we encountered barely did the minimum for us.

If I had not booked this cruise myself\, I would doubt it was a Royal Caribbean ship.

Scratched up furniture\, rusted panels everywhere in the bathroom\, awful sewage smell all of the time\, leaky shower fixtures\, 13\" old tv with hardly no volume even though it was set as high as it would go\, smelly carpet\, no safe\, rusted window.

Pros: Our dinner table friends and stateroom service

Cons: Everything else

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.