Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

the "ok" cruise

Sail Date: May 21, 2012

The ship outside of my room was beautiful. My room was extremely small and I have been traumatized by the size of the shower. There were plenty of activities but NO clocks on board, so I missed a lot the "fun" or showed up too late. The calypso band was GREAT!!! The cruise director need to find a way to show case the band more. The singers were subpar at best but the dancers were good. Overall the trip was not terrible but it was not the experience I was expecting for my first cruise. I will try another cruise on another ship before I decide weather I like cruising or it's not for me.

Pros: getting off the ship

Cons: room size, food

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

The best meal was on the last night. All other meals were bland with limited choices. The staff was great. They work really hard to make you happy.
The room alone is the reason I have reservation about cruising again. The attendant was great. He was always around when needed
what I was able to attend was OK. Put a clock on board!!!
Only one buffet server had a bad attitude. All other staff was upbeat and helpful.