Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fantastic experience!

Sail Date: May 04, 2012

We sailed on the Monarch of the Seas. Although it was a fairly old ship (scheduled to retire), it was very nice. I have been on Carnival and Celebrity in the past. The service on Royal Caribbean far surpasses both. They catered to every need and whim without a complaint.
If you enjoy a soft bed, the beds were a little hard. I have a bad back and my back was hurting from the bed, but other than that, the linens and quality of bedding was very nice. I am not a small person and the accomodations were tight for me. The shower was very small. I managed, but it was tight. There wasn't a lot of places to put things, i.e. put your clothes and suitcases away...no drawers or shelves to speak of. The closet was small. I tend to overpack for every scenario , so this was an issue for me.
The ship was very clean and any problems were managed very fast!
We also did the Dolphin excursion in the Bahamas at the Atlantis hotel. Be prepared for lots of walking to get to the excusion after drop off.
It would have been nice to know that the seabed at Coco Cay was very rocky. Water shoes are a must unless you want to have sore feet. The island was beautiful and we had so much fun. Be sure to have a Coco Loco while lying in a hammock! Wonderful and relaxing!
Overall, it was the best cruise I have ever taken.

Pros: Swimming with the dolphins, the service, the private island

Cons: Bed comfort, small stateroom

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Older ship, but still in good condition and very clean. Decor dated but in good condition.
As I said the size left something to be desired. Along with the lack of storage space.
Quality of the food was excellent! Variety was great! There was even someone with a gluten allergy at our table that they prepared special meals for. I am a vegetarian and there were always several vegetarian selections available.
The staff were awesome and made the trip!
There were always lots of things to do and options for everyone!