Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not up to expectations.....

Sail Date: April 30, 2012

We liked our superior cabin even though it did not have a balcony (which is usually what we get). The room was nicely decorated and I was surprised how well kept and clean the cabins and public spaces appeared. The staff was fantastic. Entertainment was average, although we had a great comedian on the last night. We ate at the buffet at breakfast and lunch and in the main dining room at dinner. I love to eat...but found the choices mundane and either bland or salty. My table mates were also disappointed with the meal selections and preparation. It was OK for a 4 night cruise...but I would consider other lines as well. I'm a seasoned cruiser and this was my 10th cruise......Overall, this cruise was slightly below average.

Pros: Terrific staff and great service, older ships but very clean and nice

Cons: Food selection and quality was sub par for Royal Carribean Cruises

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.