Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A cure for Cabin Fever

Sail Date: April 06, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Even though this ship is old enough to be decommissioned soon, I felt that it was well maintained. I thought the food was good but not great. I have mobility issues and there were 3 times that I felt my needs were not even considered let alone met. The most annoying was when leaving the ship to go to Coco Cay an employee looked right at me struggling to hold onto the railing, & when I reached where he was hanging over the railing he didn't so much as bat an eye causing me to release the railings to maneuver around him. Cabins were very small.

Pros: We loved Coco Cay

Cons: lack of entertainment & small cabin sizes

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

very small cabins and bathroom. We had four people in our inside cabin and our stateroom attendant kept things very organized.
I found the staff to be eager to meet my needs if I didn't find something to my liking.
I didn't find that there was enough entertainment spread over a wider time schedule.
Ship is small and easily explored.
My 9 year old loved going to the kids areas.