Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Spring Break with my niece

Sail Date: April 02, 2012

Overall, the ship has held up well. I like the smaller cruiseships, though. The Monarch needs a little TLC, but she is reasonable well maintained.

Pros: Friendly crew, good food

Cons: Tiny cabin

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

I'm not much for the shows and my niece wished for movies in the evening.
Staterooms are tiny. Disney has 2 ships of a similar size with larger cabins. I guess they prioritize differently.
I like these smaller (by current standard ships) but the cabins are tiny. I had no trouble navigating my way around the ship but my niece got turned around a few times.
I enjoyed the food. I like the diversity of food available. One day I had Tex-Mex and Indian in the same lunch.
Super-friendly staff. The waiters wanted to stuff us silly by bringing out extra food for us to try.