A disappointment

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2012
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
The ship itself was old bu in pretty good shape. he weather was very good. The island owned by the line, Coco Cay, was very nice. The food, which is what most cruise ships are defined by, was so-so. The entertainment was mediocre. The staff, for the most part, not helpful or enthusiastic. For example, one day on deck it appeared that the entire ship had come up to claim lounge chairs with clothing articles despite warnings to the contrary. When I pointed out this to the staff that there were no unoccupied chairs to be found on the entire ship I was blown off. I insisted for help in locating just one and was totally blown off. For that reason alone I will never book with Royal Carribean again.

Boring, cold and tasted old, like yesterday's leftovers. This was throughout the cruise from day one.

Poor.

Very few things for my 12 y.o. to do. He was bored.

Mahendra was a very good waiter. The rest were lackadaisical.

Pros: We had a good waiter, Mahendra

Cons: the food and entertainment

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.