Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointing

Sail Date: March 05, 2012

Very disappointed with cancellation of CocoCay destination. I understand RC cannot control the weather, but I would like the option to go to another location if this one isn't available. Also, come up with more activities on board if we're to be stuck at sea. Very dull.
What is the point of filling out a special diet form if the staff isn't accommodating to specific needs? Very unprepared and initially unhelpful. Need better communication between staff and chefs.
Flowers were ordered to be delivered to the room and never showed up until complaining. Wrong flowers sent. Another bouquet of wrong flowers sent and was charged to the account when payment was paid prior to embarking.
Also messed up our dolphin excursion. The Blue Lagoon company said never booked our time slot and therefore we were abandoned on Paradise Island for two hours until the next boat came along.

Pros: Dolphin Excursion

Cons: days at sea

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

I filled out a special diet form and the ship was completely unprepared for my needs. I feel like the staff was rude and not understanding at all.
Wait staff in dining room was never willing to go "above and beyond" in accommodating my special diet. They flat out said, "this is what we have on board and we have to make do with it." Stateroom attendant definitely went above and beyond in helping sort out the flower situation.
Terrible show. Fell asleep during performance. Stuck at sea with no entertainment. I've taken a RC cruise before and there were many more activities. I don't know if it was because this cruise was so short or the days at sea were unintentional but RC should prepare for these situations instead of boring the guests.
Stateroom was fine, the ship shows its age. Stateroom attendant Rollex was incredibly helpful in sorting out the lack of flower delivery despite prior purchase.