Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Food quality is lacking!!!!

Sail Date: February 01, 2012

Recently returned for the 4 night Bahama cruise. I have been cruising with RCCL for many years, and twice on this ship. I noticed a drastic change in the quality and variety of the food served in the Windjammer Cafe and the main dinning rooms.
The selection was sparse and the food offered and presented tasted like a typical buffet or cafeteria. No real flavor and just not what I have come to expect from this line. Food in cafe was dry and bland. The selections in the main dining room were just as bland. I ended up having the old standby "top sirloin" steak, and that was even tough!
I am not sure what has happened, but I used to look forward to the meals on board. Something has happened to the flair and quality. I ate pizza (which was fine) almost the entire cruise........I am a faithful RCCL customer, but this was VERY noticible to me!The service by wait staff and other services were typically grand as I have come to expect.

Pros: Overall service and friendly employees

Cons: Food quality and variety

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!