Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great Introduction to Cruising!

Sail Date: December 16, 2011

This was my first time cruising and was an overall great experience. I paid a very low price so I wasn't expecting a luxury cruise. I went with my sister in law for a girls weekend, and we are both in our late 20's. The ship was very dated, the decor was very random and showed the ships age. Everything was very clean, however. The staff was exceptional in all departments and the ship had excellent guest service. Go on this ship if you are looking for a fun, quick trip to get away for the weekend and you will enjoy yourself. Do not go on this ship with high expectations for a luxurious vacation or you will be dissapointed.

Pros: The service, and overall cleanliness

Cons: Quality of food, decor/appearance of the ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I found the taste of the food to be very bland and nothing special. The quality of the fresh ingredients (salad bar) was wonderful, however the meats and other items seemed "microwaved". There were plenty of choices, however be prepared to eat lots of carbs!
Ship was extremely clean. The ship was very small, so it made things easy to get to, however the options were limited. The pool and hot tubs are very small, so be prepared.
The entertainment was limited as it was a short cruise and a small ship. If you want it, its there, however think of "Wedding Singer" lounge acts.
We were very pleased with our stateroom, we stayed on deck 9 and opted for a larger room which was well worth it. The stateroom was very clean and the shower was AMAZING! Much better than we had expected.
Everyone we interacted with was extremely hospitable and friendly. The service was exceptional!