Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Sail Date: December 16, 2011
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 6 years ago
Review SummaryTo the company:
1. Forget about Nassau, stay in cococay 2 days!!
2. Put a sign in the room that the water and snacks (mini bars)are not free. And put a sign by the cococay beach if you don't want ppl to collect sea shells!!
1. food is good
2. Shows on ship are fun
3. don't touch the water and snacks in your room! We thought they are free, we opened a few of them, in the end it turned out each water or M&M is 5 dollars! i feel tricked of my money!
4. the ship ticket doesn't include alcohol and tips (tips recommended by the ship: 3.75$/person/service for the main waitor, 5$/person/day for the housekeeper, etc..), so bring a lot of cash with you
5, there isn't that much in nassau (we went to both the two islands there)..
6. But the private island cococay is a lot of fun!! i spend a whole day playing in the water and took the last ferry home but didn't have time to see around the island yet!!! i saw a lot of fish just around the rocks by the beach when snorkeling (29$ to rent equipment)..guys if you enjoy the nature stuff when the ship gets to the island at 8:00am just RUUUN to the island!
6. they don't want you to bring the shells back from cococay ( you wouldn't know this until at the security check at the exit)
7. Our ferry from cococay to the ship got an accident when exporting the passengers...the bridge/ladder that was connecting the ferry to the ship got disconnected by the high wave in the afternoon, dropped into the sea and they couldn't pull it up again...we hung in the water for half an hour and finally went in from the cargo entrance in the back....some ppl were crying on the ferry bcz they were scared!!!
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: cococay island
Cons: the snacks in the room are not free, feel tricked!!