Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

not what I expected

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

I have been on two other RCCL ships and was expecting the same quality. I was shocked at the size of the stateroom. I even went to guest relations and asked if there was a mistake. We had three people and only saw two small beds. They assured us it was correct. A third bunk came out of the wall. This was my Moms first cruise and I was dissappointed. I read on the website after we came back that the size was 117 sq. ft. If you want a cheap cruise and like RCCL its fine. The ship is clean and the staff is wonderful.. There is another cruiseline that has staterooms that are 185 sq. ft. That to me will be my choice if I just want to go on a cheap quick cruise to the Bahamas.

Pros: Staff

Cons: size of room

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

so small had to go out in hall to change mind
only giving poor because of size and age of ship. The ship is 20yrs old. They need to revamp. Rust in the staterooms on bottom of doors. Seats in theater worn out... Ship is clean and staff wonderful.
not up to quality of RCCL but ok for cheap cruise.
love the entertainment but dissappointed in amount of things to do. Day at sea we were bored
love the staff