Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

What a Great Trip!

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

The ship was obviously a little older but it didnt take away from its charm. A little smaller than I expected so if you're looking for alot to do, this isnt your ship. Still the shows were good, the staff friendly and very helpful.

Pros: Our dinner staff was amazing!

Cons: The overhead music was poor, kept repeating the same 4 songs over and over and over.....

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The rooms had a slight odor, but placing a towel over the drain in the bathroom helped. Also, being in an inside stateroom its got to be expected. (Bring a littleGlade plug-in helps alot!)
Cant complain since I chose the room we were in. It was hard to find the first time...a little smaller than I expected but the beds are comfy and it was clean. (Did have a momentary heart attack when the bathroom door handle came off in my hands but it was quickly fixed by maintenance.)
Didnt use this much but heard the shows were very entertaining. I spent alot of time at the pool deck realxing.
They have a great low-cal menu with decent options, even though I didnt choose off it...haha The quality was very good, would like to have more options than pizza for late night snacking... we chose the late dinner seating and was very grateful for it..we had one close call after an excursion getting to dinner just in the knick of time for primerib (AMAZING!!!!!)
Our waitstaff was amazing, fun, helpful and very friendly. Everyone onboard was ready to help, very efficient.