Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruise was OK

Sail Date: September 23, 2011

Ship is old, no big deal there. But it was pretty boring on board. It is a smaller ship so really there isnt allot to do. The staff seemed kind of worn out as well and a little rude. The entertainment was lacking as well. I made the most of it and definatley had a good time with my friends. But would most likely return to Carnival ships over Royal Caribbean in the future. Food was Blah as well.

Cons: Food was not great, staff was kind of rude, entertainment was boring

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Very small staterooms
Staff seemed tired and worn out.
They had someone juggling who was VERY entertaining. But other than that...nothing special. A comedian that really had no point to his jokes and seemed to just talk and make fun of people. But no one was laughing. I felt bad for him.
Food was just average. nothing to write home about. The lido deck cafe was closed during off hours, which is when most people would probably like to take advantage of it.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
It was raining so they would not let us get off the ship. Which I thought was wrong. They should have let us judge for ourselves if we wanted to go play in the rain or not.
I had fun in the port. The excursion was 20 minutes late getting off. But I really enjoy walking the streets with local people while in port, so I had a good time here.
Don't Miss: Dont miss Sharkeez!