Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

My first Cruise

Sail Date: August 12, 2011

For my first cruise I had a great time. The Dinners were very good and my wiater was very good but I seemed to wait a long time for my beverage check. The Breakfast Buffets werent anything out of the ordinary. The lunch buffets were standard Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Lunchmeat....I went to the Royal Caribbean website as well as others and nowhere did it say the Asian Restaurant was an upcharge to dine at. As well as Ben and Jerrys. The staff on the ship were very professional and attentive.

Pros: There were activities on the pool deck all day long and into the evenings!

Cons: The buffets

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

A heavier shower curtain that didnt "blow" into the actual shower would be helpful. You are already limited on space and having that stick to you while trying to maneuver around was annoying.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Atlantis was nice to see. Nassau itself was very dirty but the locals were very friendly. I ate the Conch prepared tableside at Senor Frogs but only after I was seated for 15-20 minutes before I had anyone take my drink or food order.