Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

My first Cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

My wife and I cruised on the Monarch of the Seas for our 10th wedding anniversary. This was our first cruise so I dont have another cruise to compare it to but we both had high expectations based on what we heard about Royal Caribbean cruises. The cruise lived up to our expectations until the very end. We purchased a bottle liquor from the duty free store on the ship to take home with us. This was a rare bottle and cant be purchased in the USA. When the cruise ended we picked up our bottle from the duty free store where they had it package in a Royal Caribbean box. When we got home we opened the box and realized they gave us the wrong bottle. I called immediately to let the cruise line know of the mix-up. They were apologetic and said they would get back to me. I called back because I havent heard anything from them, and to this day I still have not heard a word from the cruise line. Its the fact that I have not received a call back makes me not want to ever cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Pros: Lots of activities

Cons: Being locked into dinner times

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.