Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

One Bad Egg Ruined the Entire Experience

Sail Date: July 22, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was initially prepared to rate this cruise as average or slightly better. The port of call was nice and even the private island was more than I expected. I was very upset by the fact that my room attendant repeatedly made references to tips during the trip, which I felt was very out of place. I was most surprised when on the last night I received a knock on my cabin door where the attendant actually proceeded to tell me that staff does not get salaries and their wages are based on tips. I was so set back by the fact that the cruise was not over and I was already being addressed about tips that I had to actually call guest services and have the situation addressed. Coming from a person that always tips and have tipped 20-30% to servers for years, even before it has almost become customary, I was not only embarrassed but it is also ruined my trip. If this is the type of service that Royal Caribbean offers, I assure you I will be taking my business elsewhere next trip.

Pros: Cleanliness of Ship

Cons: Staff more concerned with tips than service

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Don't Miss: Snorkeling