Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An experience

Sail Date: March 07, 2011

My overall impression was mixed. We have never been on a cruise before so with it all being a new experience, we found ourselves lost quite a bit on the ship and didn't know about what was offered each day. Once I got the hang of it, everywhere I wanted to go was already invaded by college kids on their spring break and felt like odd man out so would leave. If it wasn't spring break, I may have had a more enjoyable time. Other than that I think it would have been a wonderful experience and of no fault of the "Monarch of the Seas or the college kids just having their fun. If this wasn't my first cruise I may have enjoyed myself more. I think it is something you have to experience at least once to know what to expect and to go about getting the most out of the cruise.

Pros: Friendliness, dinner food, staff was excellent, everyone caters to you as if they know you personally.

Cons: Spring Break kids taking over every part of the ship and being the 1st time on a cruise it took days for me to find my way around the ship. Once I figured it out the cruise was coming to an end.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I didn't get a chance to do most of the activities where as I think with it being spring break everything was taken over and geared towards the college kids. I don't have a problem with the kids themselves, it's just if I had known it was spring break, I would not have booked for a cruise at this time. They took over the ship, beaches, attractions, hallways, pools. I would have liked it more if their were more of a variety of ages.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I really enjoyed CocoCay. I wanted to buy a crinkle gauze dress their but got side tracked and have been looking the internet to see where I could purchase one now that I am home. I can't seem to find them on any site. Could someone PLEASE let me know who their supplier is or the manufacturer or could I get a card or any information from one of the vendors so I can order one from them.
Don't Miss: I just enjoyed walking around, beautiful beach, beautiful weather, so colorful and a great BBQ. It was very clean and a very nice experience.
We did more walking around in Nassau. Love the straw market and looking through the shops and stores. Found a beautiful beach to relax on and did some more shopping. Would have liked to have gone to Senor Frogs but it was so packed with college kids on spring break that it was impossible to get in and relax. I was really disappointed with that as that is one place I really wanted to go to when we stopped at Nassau.
Don't Miss: Didn't participate on many activities. We just enjoyed walking around and seeing the sights.