Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not that great

Sail Date: February 04, 2011

Everything was good except for when we were clearing our room at checkout and found a bed bug. I took the bed bug to the front counter and told the clerk I thought I should be due a refund. He said he will inform the staff. I walked away and around the corner to decide what to do. A few minutes later another passenger told me the staff behind the desk was laughing about the situation. I approached the desk again and ask to speak to the Captain. They asked why and I told them. They finally sent a lady from the office to talk with me. She called for the horticulturist to determine if this was a bed bug which he did. We went back to the room where they started stripping the bed and looking for more bed bugs. They were putting the sheets and spreads in big plastics bags. I went back to the front desk to see what they were going to do about this incident. She offered me 25% of the cost of this cruise towards another cruise which would equal $100. She said, however this offer was not for finding the bed bug or how rude the desk clerks were but because I was had some hot water issues in our room. I never intend to cruise this ship or cruise line again!

Pros: It was relaxing up to the end

Cons: Found a bed bug at departure

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.