Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

So-so Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

3-night bahamas. Overall, It wasnt what I expected since it was my 1st royal caribbean experience. Most reviews are in favor of this cruiseline over others. But I am not so sure it is welldeserved. "No all that shines is gold".
Waiters in the restaurant at dinning time are so complicated. some of them have chosen the wrong career. At the moment of breakfast, they stack as many people from different groups as possible even if they dont know each others so they dont have to deal/clean with that many tables. Food, nothing spectacular and most of the time cold. Housekeeping: Good, everytime that we request housekeeping was there doing their job. Port of calls: Nassau, Dirty, stincky, messy place. Nasty and rude locals. I dont know how that 3rd-world island can get away recieving international turism. Coco Cay, wonderful island, this one is in fact worthy of receiving turists that have spent a lot of money to get there.
I will definitely cruise with Royal Caribbean again, but I'll keep my expectations low next time

Pros: Coco Cay

Cons: Food, Nassau

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

No complaints. Ent. Director was very capable and efficent. Activities were all Entertained and comedy was funny. Adult shows were funny and not tasteless. I found better quality of entertainment in the lounges rather than the main theater.
Never the same, diverse menus. But most of the time, not warm enough
The Maitre D' people are supposed to be the most helpful ones, far from true.Although my housekeeper was above average. 1 out of 5 was friendly amoung the monarch crew. If you just bump into that friendly 20% of the crew, good for u!
Ship was very confy. Specially the Lounges. Although only 2 whirlpools for 2700 passengers, just seems not enough
Very confortable bed. no Safe in room.
I have no kids, But I didnt see children unsupervised and running around. so lets say it worked